Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Microwaving eggs and a lack of Midol...

New lessons learned:

1. Wearing new stilettos to walk to work the 1/2 mile over cobblestones has the possibility of leaving a blister the size of Jupiter on your Achilles heel. See exhibit A:



2. A man and his cat is a beautiful thing. See exhibit B:



3. Cat doesn't give a damn about me. See exhibit C.



4. Putting a whole egg (still inside shell) in microwave thinking it would be an expedient way to warm egg up so as to feed to cat as bribery for affection is not a good idea. Note to self: poke hole in egg first so the pressure doesn't make egg explode violently all over microwave rendering it impossibly smelly and disgusting. Especially since cat still doesn't give a damn.

5. Don't forget the midol. Trying to explain cramps to a flustered Italian pharmacist is fairly humiliating.

6. There is no such thing as index cards in Sicily. Really need index cards for language learning. I have no idea how to conjugate "To Like". For example, to say "I like those books" is not that easy... because the literal translation is: "To me is pleasing those books." Mario likes that girl is "That girl is Mario pleasing." Christ.

7. The word for book is Libro. The word for free (as in yes, I am free tonight) is Libero. The two are often confused and it may sound like "Yes, I am book."

And now, I am tired and hormonal, and going to bed.

Ciao Ragazzi.

1 comment:

Diana said...

OUCH. I'm sure you've already discovered how fabulous European pharmacies can be; at least the one in Germany gave me some magic salve that fixed my infected blisters super fast.