Saturday, February 9, 2008

Time For Everything: Introduction

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

Now for those of you who know me, you will understand that quoting the Bible is not something I do often. But I can't think of anything more appropriate to headline this blog than Ecclesiastes 3. Because, really, this wisdom is really about things in and outside of us. It is about the necessities of change...and I find that there is change going on within me...just as much as my exterior situation is in transition.

Now, I am sorry for being so delayed in keeping up with my blog. But the last couple months have been profound ones. My living place has changed, my body has changed, my work has changed, my vacation plans changed, and my love life has changed. I have changed.

No comments: